Re: [opensuse-factory] RC2
  • From: MasterPatricko <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:30:12 +0000
houghi wrote:
On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 07:00:19PM +0530, phanisvara das wrote:

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 06:48:00 pm Cecil Westerhof wrote:

I have done an update with 'zypper up' and with 'zypper dup', but my
system is still a RC1. Should it not be update to RC2?

i did the same (a week ago or so), and my boot splash still says RC 1, but
the system seems to be RC2 ok, as the common signature script confirms:

Most likely an update will not change the bootsplash image. Perhaps
somebody can verify and then either confirm or deny this.

Also if there is no update of the splash screen, is that a bug or a
feature?

houghi

Most likely the grub menu is only updated when the kernel package is
modified, and afaik there is no change in the kernel between RC1 and
RC2, so unless you go into YaST -> Bootloader -> Propose New
Configuration you will not see a "RC2" in the grub bootloader menu.

The real test to see what the system thinks you are running is in
/etc/SuSE-brand and /etc/SuSE-release, I think.

Regards,

MasterPatricko