[opensuse-factory] Mounting USB devices
  • From: jon@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:44:52 -0500 (CDT)
I've done a clean install of RC2, and users can't access external devices.
They are prompted for the root password. in
/usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.freedesktop.hal.storage.policy, I have

<action id="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable">
<description>Mount file systems from removable drives.</description>
<message>System policy prevents mounting removable media</message>
<defaults>
<allow_inactive>yes</allow_inactive>
<allow_active>yes</allow_active>
</defaults>
</action>

In KDE, the devices are mounted automatically, but cannot be accessed or
unmounted by users. In Gnome, root password is required to mount. When
mounted, users have r/w access. Is this the default behavior in RC2? How
to modify this?