Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:04:33 +0200
Larry Stotler wrote:

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephan seemed to suggest that Thursday was still a possible for M8,
which surprised me as my bugreport was a hard show-stopper for any
testing on HP Proliants with SMART arrays.  When Stephan suggested I
just "fix it myself", I think it got everyones attention.  I still
think the thread has taken a stupid turn, even if Stephans suggestion
did touch a nerve.

Part of it could be the age of the machine. There's been a definate
trend to tell people to upgrade their machines over the last few
years.

Could be, but it worked fine with M6 (previous milestone).

I've been told to upgrade the RAM in my P3 laptops or buy new
since a P3/500 isn't considered a reasonably useful system to many
these days.

There are many things for which such a system is perfectly well suited.
I have a test-system cluster made up of 2+4 P3/500 machines, it does a
fine job. Granted, for personal/workstation use, I would also deem a
P3/500 to be way below reasonable spec.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.0°C)