Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:14:08 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

On 9/29/2009 at 15:31, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The question therefore has to be asked: what *DO* Novell/openSUSE
staff contribute to the openSUSE distribution - apart from "You will
have to fix the bug"?

Why do we keep considering Novell anything else than just a community
member with big commitment?

Perhaps because Novell is a lot more than that?

About the case itself:
Per is doing a great job in submitting reports and as I've seen he's
also one that follows up on additional queries (not everybody does so
unfortunately... Very often you see a 'file and bye' approach). But
wouldn't it be great if we could just convince Per to go one step
further? It's not that he is 'requested' to do so, but very often just
giving often enough a hint in the right direction motivates people to
look at something new / more.

I completely agree and you will also occasionally see me take a few
further steps. With the Milestones though I can't really commit much
time, so I just report what I see. In particular a case like this when
I can't even get the installation started and the Milestone is a clear
regression from the previous.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)