[opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Team meeting minutes 2009-09-08
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:11:34 +0200
Czech Packagers Team meeting minutes
====================================

Present: anicka, mseben, mvyskocil, sbrabec
Absent: jmatejek
Vacation: pgajdos

Minutes: mvyskocil

(1) Different default MIME type association for every DE
sbrabec works on Default MIME type association (bnc#456026) - he proposed to
have a different set of default mime type handlers on every desktop. For
instance application/zip -> Ark in KDE, FileRoller in GNOME.

(2) Gdb's issue with gtk apps
=============================
sbrabec pointed us to problem with debugging of non-threading Gtk apps using
gdb. Due indirect pthread dependency from gtk-canberra plugin and ELF
interposting used by glibc the resolved glibc symbols are non-thread, even if
they'd be thread-safe. So gdb fails in this case.

A workaround for running processes is deattach and reattach gdb. The one for
core files is currently not known.

(3) High number of bugs
=======================
Some team members has a big number of opened bugs. So other team members will
take a care about some of those to decrease a number of unresolved bugs.

(4) Internal scripts
====================
Every team member use the own set of homebrewed scripts to increase his
productivity. We discussed about possible merging and we started to collect a
list of them.

Status reports:
anicka:
[GREEN]
- cfengine, webalizer: fix some David Binderman's bugs
- rrdtool: investigate bnc#536505
- apache2-mod_perl: fixed bnc#537057

jmatejek:
- python-webkitgtk file location problem (bnc#537837)
- evaluating problem with xen helpers (bnc#513921)

mvyskocil:
- fixed bnc#536215 - jzlib-demo minor problem
- worked on bnc#537963: VUL-0 in openjdk - updated to openjdk6/icedtea6-1.6
in Factory - 11.0 and 11.1 is missing
- investigate why some packages fails in Factory - remove a dammed list of
many %excludes in eclipse.spec, not yet finished

mseben:
virtualbox-ose - fixing build hangs, updated to 3.0.6 - update should
fix one of the most annoying bugs: bnc#522025
virtualbox-ose - working on bnc#533550 VBoxNetAdpCtl need acces to
/dev/vboxnetctl
virtualbox-ose - prepared fix for bnc#537793, fixed init script, we can
handle now session shutdown using /etc/default/virtualbox
quota - working on bnc#430975 quota doesn't work on root /

sbrabec:
xboard: Upgrade, fixing with upstream.
gnome-patch-translation: Update.
bluez-gnome: Translation and crash fixes.
  • No further messages