Re: [opensuse-factory] status: distribution
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:16:31 +0200
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:01:41 -0500, "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 11:11:40 Will Stephenson wrote:

I have updated, zypper dup, to M7 from M6 and rebooted new kernel
w/o a
problem. x86_64

And for me hald segfaults on boot and so keyboard and mouse in X and
network are broken - Happy days.

The same here, on a 32 bit system.
Restart hal doesn't help.

same here for 64bit..
anyone know the cause or workaround?

For me the problem went away with 2 reboots :-) I installed it with
'zypper dup' and on the second boot (and most likely also the first, I
just did not see it) it was printed, that my filesystem is broken, needs
fsck, / is only mounted read only. Strangely I did not get a # prompt to
fix it, but the machine booted further, as there was no problem. When I
rebooted again, this time to single user, to fix the problems, the
filesystem was already all right, and booted without any hald or other
problems to runlevel 5.
Bye,
CzP