Re: [opensuse-factory] status: distribution
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:29:47 -0400
* Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> [09-08-09 12:12]:

And for me hald segfaults on boot and so keyboard and mouse in X and network
are broken - Happy days.

Well, I do have a problem that I had failed to check. Mounting of usb
devices does *not* work and appears to be kernel specific,
kernel-default-2.6.31-5.2.x86_64
kernel-default-2.6.31-6.1.x86_64
both have this problem,
kernel-default-2.6.31-4.2.x86_64
does not.

As I am using my system productively, and for the most part successfully,
I will have to return to the 4.2 kernel shortly.... :^(

bug report: 537068

tks,