Re: [opensuse-factory] status: distribution
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:11:40 +0200
On Tuesday 08 September 2009 17:54:51 Oddball wrote:
Op 08-09-09 17:45, Patrick Shanahan schreef:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-08-09 11:28]:
I have builds for Milestone7, but I'm facing a heavy dillema:

Somehow the base system became unstable without any chances to it that
I'm aware of, see e.g. bugzilla.novell.com/537366

And there isn't really much time left to debug this for real as we need
to have it on the mirrors before the power loss. But releasing it in
this state won't get us many friends. I'm pretty sure it's one or two
root causes, the problem is to find them ;(

http://download.opensuse.org/factory/iso/ has new ISOs and the factory
repo has M7, perhaps more people looking into the problem help.

I have updated, zypper dup, to M7 from M6 and rebooted new kernel w/o a
problem. x86_64

And for me hald segfaults on boot and so keyboard and mouse in X and network
are broken - Happy days.

Will