Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox crash reports
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 21:34:39 +0200
Am 07.09.2009 16:15, schrieb Silviu Marin-Caea:
I'm reading here http://crash-stats.mozilla.com that Firefox is supposed to
report crashes.

Yet my 3.5.2 crashes like stupid (it's the most unstable Firefox in a very
long time) and doesn't seem to send any crash reports.

Maybe there is some package that needs to be installed. I couldn't figure
this out by searching for "mozilla" in the Yast software management module.

The crash reporter in the openSUSE Firefox package is disabled because
to make the report useful the crash-stats server needs to have the debug
symbols of the builds.
It doesn't have the debugsymbols of our builds though and so it doesn't
make sense to send crash reports currently. Please note that there is
discussion and work ongoing upstream to support crash reports from Linux
distributions.

Wolfgang