Re: [opensuse-factory] New thunderbird little problems - html?
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:28:18 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-09-06 at 22:58 +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
What would be useful is a button to select compose or reply or forward
a single email in html mode, which is a thing I very seldom do - but I
needed to, to run a test.

<tongue-in-cheek>SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 has that dropdown select on the
"Compose" toolbar button to allow exactly that.</tongue-in-cheek>

Curious! I thought they shared the same code.

We share the backend code, but not (all of) the frontend and UI code. SeaMonkey is generally a bit more conservative in UI changes and less dumbed down, our target audience is more advanced users, contrary to Firefox and Thunderbird, which are primarily targeting beginners and less technically advanced people (i.e. "the masses").

Robert Kaiser