Re: [opensuse-factory] noarch subpackages
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:32:15 +0200
On Friday 04 September 2009 17:32:49 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
Hi all!

As I posted on the packaging ML[1] the new RPM 4.7.1 in Factory allows
us to create a noarch subpackages. We might save significant space on
BiArch DVDs and mirrors if we mark all the *-doc, *-devel-doc,
*-branding-* and similar subpackages that are arch because of the main
package. I don't have even a rough estimate, but I can hack a script
that will check the filelists of the subpackages if they could be marked
as noarch. What do you think?

I suggest an rpmlint check like we have already an rpmlint check that tells us
whether the whole package should be noarch.

Great!

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}