Re: [opensuse-factory] New thunderbird little problems - html?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:41:11 +1000

On 09/06/2009 05:00 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Another one.

I want to compose a new email in html format. How? I don't see
the option anywhere, it is plain text. I don't see anywhere the
tools to change formatting, and the "format" entry in the options
menu is missing.

I Found out that there is no way to select compose a single email in html.

The method is in account preferences, compose section, enable the box
for html compsing, then all emails are composed in html mode. Once the
compose window is opened, we can go to options, and select send as
html only, plain text only, or mix. But even if send as plain text is
selected the compose remains in html mode (I hope I did not made a
mistake and send this in html).

What would be useful is a button to select compose or reply or forward
a single email in html mode, which is a thing I very seldom do - but I
needed to, to run a test.

How a message is formatted depends on what you have set in the Address
Book for that particular entry. If none is set then you are asked in
which of the 3 formats you want the message sent.

(But I think the editor always comes up in HTML but your message - as
this one from you - is sent in plain-text, if selected.)

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."