Re: [opensuse-factory] zypper update
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
To update between factory snapshots use zypper dup, though this may not
be related to your problem at all.

zypper dup tends to be broken now and then (the repo, not the zypper tool
itself), and I have had good success running

zypper up (to get the majority of new packages)

followed by

zypper dup (to get the full update)

where I (a) resolve issues manually or (b) ignore the dup part until
FACTORY has stabilized again.

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer E gp@xxxxxxxxxx SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Director Product Management F +49(911)74053-483 HRB 16746 (AG Nuremberg)