Re: [opensuse-factory] Has FreeNX server been dropped?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:47:38 +0200
2009/9/6 Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>:
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2009/9/6 Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>:
And I see that it can no more be found in 11.2 at all. I've also heard
that it's missing already in 11.1.

Is this the case?

The openSUSE servers are public... A quick look says that indeed it
has been dropped from the main distro since 11.1. It's still available
from X11:RemoteDesktop OBS repo (I'm sure a submitreq to update to
0.7.3 will be welcome).

I can understand that putting everything on an installation media is not
possible, but I would've thought that there's space on the servers.
The version falling back tells me that there may not be a maintainer for it?

No idea about why it was dropped from the main distro, but I don't
think it was because of space problems.
The OBS says sndirsch is the maintainer but perhaps he is busy,
perhaps he didn't notice there was a new version available, perhaps...
I CC him, but anybody interested could create an updated package and
submitreq it to him.