Re: [opensuse-factory] Disaster -- was No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 22:44:13 +1000
Oddball wrote:
Basil Chupin schreef:

I use the Rescue option on the (11.1) DVD and I am informed that I have
no Linux system installed.

Suggestions about how to recover the already-installed oS would be
greatly appreciated.

BC

Basil,

I don't want to patronize, but another way is to start the installer
(from your 11.1DVD) and go until you get the options to update or
install new, and choose the other option to repair system.
Then choose the expert option, next: boot installed system or os.
You will get all your bootable linux-root partitions mentioned.
Here you can pick the one you want.

Many thanks, Oddball, for your response. Greatly appreciated.

And I have to apologise to you, and others, for being very slack in my
description of what I did to try and boot into the installed system :-( .

What I did/do is what you have suggested - except that I forget the
actual names of the steps I make - unless I write them down, which I
more often than not forget to do :-) .

But see my response to Anders (earlier). I have recovered and got my
11.2 back so all is well. (That System Rescue Disc is something worth
having lying around!)

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."