Re: [opensuse-factory] Has FreeNX server been dropped?
  • From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 15:24:00 +0300
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2009/9/6 Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>:

I'm running 11.0 and I'm running amazingly old version
0.7.0-18.1-x86_64 from oss repo of the freenx server in it.
Nomachine is in version 3.3.0-27.

11.0 comes with FreeNX 0.7.2
(http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/FreeNX-0.7.2-18.1.x86_64.rpm),
from 2008-03-14. Latest version is 0.7.3, from 2008-08-18. See
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2978

Sorry, my bad, I'm in 0.7.2-18.1-x86_64
This is from 11.0 oss and it's the latest available there
The versioning scheme of FreeNX has nothing to do with that of the
NoMachine's server. And if the NoMachine's server is ever included it
would be in the non-oss repo, not in oss

O.K. As a poor explanation: I've always ran the server from oss and the
NoMachine's client.
I'm also often having problems with understanding version numbering
correctly in general...

And I see that it can no more be found in 11.2 at all. I've also heard
that it's missing already in 11.1.

Is this the case?

The openSUSE servers are public... A quick look says that indeed it
has been dropped from the main distro since 11.1. It's still available
from X11:RemoteDesktop OBS repo (I'm sure a submitreq to update to
0.7.3 will be welcome).

I can understand that putting everything on an installation media is not
possible, but I would've thought that there's space on the servers.
The version falling back tells me that there may not be a maintainer for it?

Vahis