[opensuse-factory] Disaster -- was No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:53:28 +1000
Short time ago I updated my (32-bit) 11.2 MS6 KDE installation using the
"zypper up" command - which I concluded was the command I needed to run
from the comments in the above-mentioned thread (to update from the
factory repos).

After some 3+ hours online and ~970MB of updates later what happens when
I reboot?

The normal, green, grub menu.lst screen appears showing me that the only
selectable device I have to boot 11.2 with is....the Floppy. Nothing
else, just Floppy.

I use the Rescue option on the (11.1) DVD and I am informed that I have
no Linux system installed.

Suggestions about how to recover the already-installed oS would be
greatly appreciated.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."