Re: [opensuse-factory] noarch subpackages
  • From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:03:33 +0200
On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 09:44:29AM -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
As I posted on the packaging ML[1] the new RPM 4.7.1 in Factory allows
us to create a noarch subpackages. We might save significant space on
BiArch DVDs and mirrors if we mark all the *-doc, *-devel-doc,
*-branding-* and similar subpackages that are arch because of the main
package. I don't have even a rough estimate, but I can hack a script
that will check the filelists of the subpackages if they could be marked
as noarch. What do you think?

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-09/msg00030.html

I think this would be great to have. So please do.

Indeed great to have.

houghi
--
Quote correct (NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/