Re: [opensuse-factory] No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Per Osbäck <per@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 16:53:56 +0200
On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:34:49 +0300, Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per Osbäck wrote:
<snip>
thanks for the explaination, however, at least my zypper up also
installs
version updates from the repos I have added.

Those packages are patched ones.
Did you look at man zypper?

well...I'd rather trust what the output of "zypper up" shows than the
manual then (though it says "or newer version").
I built and packaged the rpm myself in my home project in the build
service.

"update (up) [options] [packagename] ...
Update all or specified installed packages with newer versions, if
possible."

I'd say that you are not running factory?

Quote:
update (up) [options] [packagename] ...
Update installed packages with patches or newer version,
where
applicable.

To update individual packages, specify one or more
package
names. You can use the '*' and '?' wildcard characters
in the
package names to specify multiple packages matching the
pattern.

NOTE: Zypper prefers to update only those packages for
which a
patch description exists, like on the SUSE update
servers. To
operate on all packages for which there is a better
version
instead, select --type package which is also the default
in rug
compatibility mode.

what it doesn't do is changing repo for a installed package (which
zypper
dup does)

Zypper dup does not change repos AFAIK.

Quote:
dist-upgrade (dup) [options]
Perform a distribution upgrade. This command performs an
update
of all packages with a special resolver algorithm which
takes
care of package splits, pattern and product updates, etc.

(But repos can be changed with zypper, man zypper)

Vahis
--
"Sunrise 6:23am (EEST), sunset 8:13pm (EEST) at Espoo, Finland (13:49
hours daylight)"