Re: [opensuse-factory] No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:23:44 +1000
Martin Schlander wrote:
Fredag den 4. september 2009 10:40:01 skrev Per Osbäck:

I actually have the same question for PackageKit (also the backend for
Online Update applet?) applet.

it never offers any updates, is it only supposed to show "official" updates
from updates repo? and not from other repos?

Yes it's only supposed to show patches by default - not "normal" package
updates.

I think the option to show all updates, may only be supported by the zypp
backend.

Personally I think it's good that the updater applet distinguishes between
patches and random package updates that are likely to break things. People
should use zypper dup for factory upgrades anyway.

Ah, is that what I am not doing right, "zypper dup". OK, I'll try it
first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."