Re: [opensuse-factory] Packman and oS 11.2
  • From: houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:05:17 +0200
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:30:39PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
Does anyone know when - and if - packman will provide the necessary
packages for 11.2 to be able to use kaffeine and xine?

Normally around the official release date.

I cannot live without xine nor kaffeine (for my TV [dvb]) and I cannot
fully test 11.2 without having both of these functioning. The files
necessary to make these apps. function are normally available from
packman and I am truly surprised that with oS 11.2 now at the MS6 stage
packman has yet to create the necessary repos to handle oS 11.2.

That is standard. 11.2 won't come out for another few months and Packman
does not have the time to re-compile each time when there is a new version
out. Would take a bit too much of their time.

Download the 11.1 rpm.src files and recompile yourself. That however
won't mean that it will work when 11.2 comes out.

houghi
--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

Today I went outside. My pupils have never been tinier...