Re: [opensuse-factory] M6, Netinstall.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:59:39 +0200
Oddball wrote:

Op 01-09-09 07:40, Per Jessen schreef:
Oddball wrote:

pkgs bundle-lang-gnome-nl and bundle-lang-gnome-en (probably all
others also) are badly broken.
They keep trying to install, and the only thing to do is
ctrl+alt+del to quit and start the install new, after unmarking
these 2 pkgs for install during pkg-controle, in the installer

Initially I had a similar problem with them, but AFAICT the download
from Uni-Heidelberg was just too slow, so I started over and used
mirror.switch.ch directly, and had no problems.

/Per

Hmm.
That is strange. These are very small pkgs.

Maybe I mistook the packages - the one I had a problem with was 11Mb.

I had troubles with these pkgs before, when updating all pkgs.
(Install was ok, just didn't boot, some strange with /dev/sde, instead
of /dev/sda.
Anyway, the rootpartition could not be found, and grub could not get
installed because initrd could not be made)

Well, I use lilo and installed it manually. I doubt if those packages
are somehow to blame for your system not booting.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.5°C)