Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:16:46 +0200
Johannes Meixner wrote:
Perhaps only sane-frontends directly in openSUSE is sufficient
and xsane could be provided via a "third-party" repository?

Meanwhile I've talked to Manfred Tremmel wo maintains xsane on
Packman. He does not seem to have a particular interest in
maintaining xsane either. It's there only for historical reasons. So
the argument "it's at Packman" counts even less. Since I need xsane
personally I'd undrop it and act as maintainer. The xsane home page
mentions potential incompatibilities with newer sane versions
though. Resolving those has to happen upstream. I hope you're not
going to upgrade sane-backends until such issues are fixed.

After I sent both mails, I waited one week for any reply
before I submitted my drop requests for Factory.

I must have missed those in the noise.

cu
Ludwig

--