Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
  • From: Steffen Winterfeldt <snwint@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:14:56 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Petr Uzel wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 02:31:50PM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Petr Uzel wrote:
According to sane-frontends: yes, I could take maintainership in
Factory, but as Daniel noted, having more packages in Contrib could
attract more people to contributing. And there were many other
packages moving from Factory to Contrib just because of this reason.

That's ridiculous. We can't remove packages that provide basic
functionality from Factory.

Neither of these packages provide basic functionality, AFAIK.

Well, reading images from the scanner into gimp is quite basic
functionality if you own a scanner not only for decorative purposes :-)

You are probably thinking of sane-backends, which is not dropped.

Steffen