Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:30:11 +0200
Petr Uzel wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 02:31:50PM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Petr Uzel wrote:
According to sane-frontends: yes, I could take maintainership in
Factory, but as Daniel noted, having more packages in Contrib could
attract more people to contributing. And there were many other
packages moving from Factory to Contrib just because of this reason.

That's ridiculous. We can't remove packages that provide basic
functionality from Factory.

Neither of these packages provide basic functionality, AFAIK.

Well, reading images from the scanner into gimp is quite basic
functionality if you own a scanner not only for decorative purposes :-)

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel