Re: [opensuse-factory] design question
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:42:57 +0100
Hello!

Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2008-11-19 at 09:54 +0100, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Richard wrote:
As someone pointed out earlier, this doesn't even have to be a
pop-up, even
as implemented as a status disiplay within the sw_single module (or
whichever) with the OK/continue buttons right in the module would be
enough.

It can be a standard window in the workflow instead of a popup. A summary
screen. It would look better (if there is much information to display)
and it
would prevent from some side effects like focus stealing.

That sounds very good to me. Added info like total bytes dowloaded,
packages installed/removed/updated/skipped, time used, etc, would be
nice too.

I have good news for you: the installation summary dialog just have
been implemented in yast2-packager-2.18.2 in factory!

I have backported the new feature to 11.1 packages yast2-2.17.54.1 and
yast2-packager-2.17.50.1 in my OBS home project available here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://lslezak/openSUSE_11.1/

There is a new sysconfig variable PKGMGR_ACTION_AT_EXIT which sets the default
behavior when package installation is finished. Supported values:

- "close" - close the package manager immediately (the default value, the same
behavior as in final 11.1)

- "restart" - restart the package manager immediately, install/remove more
packages

- "summary" - display the new installation summary dialog, pressing [Finish]
closes
the package manger, pressing [Back] goes back to the package manager
(install/remove more packages). This is similar to the old "Install more
packages?"
popup in 11.0 but there are details about the installation which just has
finished.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

--

Best Regards