Re: [opensuse-factory] "sled_beta" mailing list
  • From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:58:54 -0500
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 07:23, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, 2008-12-11 at 11:37 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

"Carlos E. R." <> writes:

So, please, someone, please clarify the problem in private with the OP,
and then tell us that it is solved and every body is happy.

I'm under the impresseion that it's solved already - just not to
Andrew's satisfaction - but I will followup with Andrew again,

Thanks! That's all I wanted :-)

Andreas Jaeger did follow up with my in private. I suppose this matter
is resolved -- but as AJ stated, not to my satisfaction.

But this still does not resolve the underlying problem. I do have
access to the beta program but not to the discussion list
os-sle11@xxxxxxxx Yes, there many beta programs, yes there is no
support for the betas, yada, yada, yada. But how do you expect to
distribute a beta and provide no communication at all?

**What is the issue with granting the persons that currently have
access to an active beta program access to a mailing list established
with the sole discuss said beta? Especially when you do not want the
beta discussed in public? Any time I raise a question the answer is
"there are many beta programs, get in touch with your contact" -- but
that person, for whatever reason, no longer has a valid Novell email
address. I was jumping to conclusions that Chuck was "fired"... but
the point is everyone else points me to somewhere else on the
merry-go-round.