Re: [opensuse-factory] "sled_beta" mailing list
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:33:26 +0100
So you want to contact the same address and get a reply from a different
person ? that's not the way __personal__ email address work...

Sorry, but to us (users) your address is a business address - even if it
can be used for others uses (I try not to with mine's). It was an address
@novell, which this time was used strictly for business.

If a person leaves the company, for whatever reason, that address remains
with the company, and is the responsibility of the company to give some
kind of redirection help to the users or clients still posting to the now
not working business address. It is typical to put an autoresponder with
contact info: it can be the general info contact address, to whom you
write, and they tell you the new person for that task - so as not to hand
out indiscriminately addresses.

But your current behavior of ignoring the issue or downtalking people
when you don't like their criticism is not... I don't have words to
classify that behavior. Disgusting.

The issue so far is:

A person complains that he had a contact person at novell from whom he got
SLES for betatesting, that contact person disappeared, and nobody at
novell wants to tell him who to speak to now.

Nice.

That is what has been said here. If that is not true, then the OP can tell
otherwise, or someone from novell can say "yes, we contacted him in
private, all is solved". No need to specify here your "secrets".

Its perhaps also due to the fact that we do not want Andrew as Beta Tester
anymore, since he did not adhere to our Beta Test rules.

If you do not work with us according to these rules (and they are not that
problematic), you will not get help.

Ciao, Marcus