Re: [opensuse-factory] "sled_beta" mailing list
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 08:13:00 +0100
Kevin Dupuy schreef:
On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 10:02 +0100, Oddball wrote:

Helas i am also experiencing this atitude more and more lately...
I can imagine that these things are caused by the fact that far to few
people have to make things happen, as the aimed effect of M$, when it
took over SUSE from Novell earlier...(if you cann't beat them, buy
them).. seems they are closer to their goal now...: shut-, or at least,
slow down the speed of the developments of the openSUSE team...

Uh... what? Are you seriously bringing up the dead horse of Microsoft
again? How exactly would you purport that the openSUSE development is
getting worse?

No not worse, just less people to do the the job than before..
About dead horses: They become smellier when dead longer....
as we all are dependable on the laws of cause and effect...

Many people felt SUSE has become part of the 'enemy' now, and turned to
other distros..( a very nasty, and well-aimed side-effect)

This was an early act of some radicals that apparently didn't bother to
look up and believe the openSUSE devs when they said that nothing would
change in the OS being free because of the deal.

It was not about the OS being free, but people that go away do not come
back easy...
Large profits have been made by Novell last year in the linux division...
as effect of the M$ deal...

So to few people, that have to make/want too many changes at once, which
is always almost impossible, but with this scenario, most certainly,
have to be aware of that, get used to that new fact, and act according
to it, (untill things change for the better again, if, in the worst
case, that will ever happen...)
What would be the most wanted right now, is creating the circumstances
to gain trust, and work hard.
(don't turn against people that want to help, and stay loyal, even now.
Everyone reacting in the mailinglists, means to help, from their point
of vieuw.
Sometimes that causes extra stress..
But it is all energy, to be bent, or transformed to be usefull.. ;)

Now the bugs that had to be out after alpha stage, appear in the last
betas, and the rc's..
This is not what we all wanted, i guess..

If we want to turn this tide, there is only one solution: stick
together, and DONOT want to make more changes than can be handled, to
close to rc stage...
Plan changes carefully, don't take too much hay on the fork, so to speak...

Please take these words to hearth, they are meant to heal, not to hurt.. ;)

Now this is confusing. You implied that you were upset about the
openSUSE development being hurt, but here you're talking about testers
being turned away, etc., which does not involve the openSUSE
development. Are you referring to the development of SLED or openSUSE?

Not only testers went away..
I am not upset, i just register the facts that lead to a situation, and
point a way out..
It is all about energy, and how to transform it to have usefull effect,
instead of a destroying one, nothing more..

Forget it, it might not be suitable for a large mailinglist..

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)

OS: Linux 2.6.27.7-8-default x86_64