Re: [opensuse-factory] Compiz openSUSE 11.0 Beta 5 anyone working with Nvidia driver?
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 05:56:13 -0800
On Thursday 20 November 2008 10:44:04 pm you wrote:
Ben Kevan wrote:
Hey folks,

I just wanted to see if the problem was with compiz, or with my nvidia
driver ( i haven't yet tried the nv driver) have gotten compiz from the
oss repository working on their box.. None of my compiz decorations
start, and none of the compiz features actually work.

I just want to see if it's a bigger problem then I expected.

Ben

Ben,

I am using compiz on 11.1 Beta5 with the nvidia driver on an 8800GT.
Other
than the ksnapshot snafu, everything else works fine until the black screen
of death appears. All cube/cylinder/sphere/scale/app switcher/etc.. with
Emerald decorations. I'm starting compiz with compiz-manager:

20:45 arete~> cat bin/ccpstart
#!/bin/bash
compiz-manager --ignore-desktop-hints --sm-disable --indirect-rendering
--replace & exit 0

Since nobody built fusion-icon for 11.1 I think that's what we are stuck
with. The packages in 11.1 Beta 5 or from X11:/Compiz are the same. (Damn I
miss that handy little icon...)

Really one of my overall problems is that the GLX option will NOT stay.
Everytime I click it, it jus unchecks. This option is not in the Compiz
without nomad.

/usr/lib/compiz/libglx.so exists so why isn't GLX working?

NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module 177.82 Tue Nov 4 13:35:57 PST
2008
GCC version: gcc version 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291] (SUSE Linux)

Model: Quadro NVS 110M
IRQ: 16
Video BIOS: 05.72.22.21.fe
Card Type: PCI-E