Re: [opensuse-factory] status beta5
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:43:57 -0800
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 06:22:02 am Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

Yes, you've read right - there won't be any release
candidate this week.

The current state of bugzilla lead us to delay the
_name_ release candidate, it would just be silly to
name it release candidate when we have several known
issues (8 blockers and additional 11 P1 bugs speak
for themselves).

But even releasing beta5 looks at the moment like a
challenge as I haven't installed a system in a week
due to several medium generation and general yast
problems.

But still we're confident that we will make the final
deadline, so all we decided was naming RC1 beta5 and
RC2 will be the (by then only) release candidate. The
rest of the roadmap stays untouched.

Greetings, Stephan

A working openoffice (for local files) ) Check
A working kernel (tcp_output patch applied) Check
ALSA Volume Issues fixed (dunno what caused this one, was quite weird) Check

Now onto some things that I'd love explained

NetworkManager, how it ties with YaST, why it doesn't
read /etc/sysconfig/network/config 's static DNS settings even when set to
STATIC

Need openoffice to be able to open smb://location/file < currrently crashes
when opening over smb ..

An article on news.opensuse.org regarding scout (i'm working on one for
myself).

Yes.. I've filed bug reports.. and it's shaping up good.. a few major /
critical / blocker bugs still there.. but it's getting there.

Ben