Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:52:53 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx> writes:

And don't forget: serving fools just creates a new fool - you.

Is there some great deal of confusion between 'fool' and 'beginner'?

I'd like our distro to welcome beginners and to help them gracefully
and easily recover from odd things they may do.

An expert will know she has to boot at runlevel 3 and run sax2.

A beginner won't know that. He won't have the slightest clue what's
going on. He won't even be able to access online docs, because the
computer he needs for that is 'broken' (from his perspective).

A good product will help the beginner to grow into an expert with joy.

We were not talking about beginners - the course was about changing
hardware pieces.

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--