Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
On Saturday 20 September 2008 01:38:14 pm Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Anyone who is changing his hardware this way and is not aware that he has
to do some configuration steps (very simple here: just call sax2) is a
fool.
And don't forget: serving fools just creates a new fool - you.

This is not true. A lot of users are migrating from Windows - and in
Windows it was always automatic, at least since Windows 95. (maybe
before...)

It must be automatic, without touching command-line at all.

I tend to agree - if not completely automatic, at least wizard-driven.

Though I'm an openSUSE evangalist, I cannot *wait* for the evil command line
needs for simple admin things (like setting lppasswd) to be gone.

After all, the last time I used a command-line based computer was my Apple II
in 1983. I would hope things have advanced since then.

</sarcasm>

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.perfectreign.com