Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:10:40 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2008-09-21 at 23:54 +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:

Why not start VESA to have some GUI and then ask questions.

Why not boot into failsafe mode after having seen this confusing error
message "Login:" in the Linux console? Then, running X with

I would indeed be very pissed if the system rebooted on its own to
safemode just because the X server failed to start.

Who proposed this? Not me.

No? The paragraph is yours. I'm happy to learn that I understood it
wrongly. What did you mean, then? :-?

I did not propose to let the system reboot on its own to
safemode. This is still a decision a user needs to take - as before.

Ok, that's better :-)

But why reboot at all? Better restart runlevel 5 in safemode, however that's defined (vesa?). If that fails, propose to reboot in safemode.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.