Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 02:50:57 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:
At such a sax2 launch, we should note to the user that we failed to
start the graphical interface because of a wrong video driver
configuration, and either auto-detect a working config right away or
let the user choose to do so,

I'd prefer being asked before launching sax2.

Why? With what I wrote, you can still cancel it easily and have no changes applied anywhere. Unknowing users are right in the mode where they can correct the problem by usually just click something like "use this proposed configuration" or however it's worded and it launches up their usual graphical system right away. _That_ is user-friendliness.

Robert Kaiser