Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 01:44:39 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Saturday 2008-09-20 at 23:25 +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Felix-Nicolai Müller wrote:

As you pointed out, configuration still needs to be done and I don't see
the difference between calling sax2 from graphical mode or from CLI. It
is exactly the same command as well as it does require excatly the same
workflow.

I still think it would be a good idea if we,
on an X startup failure
on first X startup after boot,
when it can't load the video driver,
would automatically load sax2.

(written with this indentation to make if levels of that decision clear)

At such a sax2 launch, we should note to the user that we failed to start
the graphical interface because of a wrong video driver configuration, and
either auto-detect a working config right away or let the user choose to do
so,

I'd prefer being asked before launching sax2.

You see.
Just understand "not working" as "I am asked to run sax2".
In that situation, this thought should come by itself.

Remember: serving fools ...

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)
< Previous Next >