Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 01:38:30 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2008-09-20 at 23:25 +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:

Felix-Nicolai Müller wrote:
As you pointed out, configuration still needs to be done and I don't see
the difference between calling sax2 from graphical mode or from CLI. It
is exactly the same command as well as it does require excatly the same
workflow.

I still think it would be a good idea if we,
on an X startup failure
on first X startup after boot,
when it can't load the video driver,
would automatically load sax2.

(written with this indentation to make if levels of that decision clear)

At such a sax2 launch, we should note to the user that we failed to start the graphical interface because of a wrong video driver configuration, and either auto-detect a working config right away or let the user choose to do so,

I'd prefer being asked before launching sax2.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
< Previous Next >