[opensuse-factory] Contrib: Packages Review: "banner"
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:20:34 -0400
Hi All,

Next package,

"banner" - ASCII Art text renderer

Banner fills an apparent hole in Linux - that is, that is does not provide
a "banner" program itself, while nearly all UNIX systems seem to do so.
Banner prints a "banner" on the screen that corresponds to the first 10
characters of a string entered on the command line, in a way similar to
what you might see when using Solaris or AIX. There are fancier things out
there, but this is nice and simple.

This package is in OBS.

Current maintainer: me (Alexey Eromenko "Technologov")
URL http://www.cedar-solutions.com/software.html
License: GPL
Latest update: Wasn't updated for long time. Program is feature
complete, and doesn't need updating.

OBS URL:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/FenixNBK/openSUSE_11.0/

Testing: Package received testing from me
10.2/10.3/11.0 (32-bit)