[opensuse-factory] Zypper vs Yum: Lacking Features discussion
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:30:56 +0300
Hi All,

I would like to discuss a bit about zypper and yum, and perhaps, open
feature-requests.

Yum is old Red Hat's technology while zypper is new SUSE's thing :)

More seriously:
-I have heard that yum has ability to show the package changelog diff
for pacakges to be updated, while zypper lacks it
-yum shows the repository from which the package will be installed.
(Very useful if you have many repos with duplicate packages.)

What do you think ? Are those small annoyances touch you ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"