Re: [opensuse-factory] Just one question about plane to release openSUSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:20:16 +0100
On Friday 07 March 2008, Felix-Nicolai Müller wrote:

I believe so, but which KDE (4.x or 3.5.x) is default in 11.0 is not my
decision and it has been made for whichever reasons. No point in
discussing that now either as the decision has been made already.

The decision has been made to ship KDE 4.0.x during the openSUSE 11.0 alpha
series BY DEFAULT to collect feedback from the users about issues and wether
or not it would be a good step. Note that we also ship and maintain KDE
3.5.9. The only thing that you have to do is to, when you install, select the
KDE3 pattern instead of the KDE4 pattern.

Everything can still be changed until Beta1, although we need valueable
feedback and input and "Don't talk to them, they have already decided" is not
what I consider under any of those categories :)

Greetings,
Dirk

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint