[opensuse-factory] mozilla embedding news
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:58:35 +0100
Hi,

(first sorry for the cross post but I wanted to make sure that everyone related has a chance to get that).

openSUSE 11.0 is planned to have Firefox 3 and therefore we will also have Gecko 1.9 for embedding purposes.
So far that has been done using mozilla-xulrunner181 which now got a first mozilla-xulrunner190 successor snapshot available for testing in the buildservice (mozilla:beta).
Probably maw will start soon to bring that to factory.

The test package does not replace older xulrunner versions yet but will reset the /usr/bin/xulrunner link to the new version.
It shouldn't be a problem to install it in parallel on 10.2, 10.3 and factory. One note along the line: Gecko 1.9 won't run on distributions older than 10.2 because of gtk requirements.

Relevant changes for projects embedding gecko are that the pkgconfig files changed their names. There are now:

libxul-embedding-unstable.pc
libxul-embedding.pc
libxul-unstable.pc
libxul.pc
mozilla-gtkmozembed-embedding.pc
mozilla-gtkmozembed.pc
mozilla-js.pc
mozilla-plugin.pc

I'm encouraging anyone maintaining a depending package to play around with that and report issues to bugzilla's openSUSE 11.0 Firefox component.

Wolfgang