Re: [opensuse-factory] Problems with latest Factory install
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:09:08 +0100
Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2008 schrieb Bryen:
I downloaded the boot.iso file yesterday dated 1/16/08. Encountered
two problems:

During Software Installation:
- /suse/noarch/pcutils-ids-2008.1.12-1.noarch.rpm could not be found.
Could not be found or failed to install? Because monday's install failed
to install it because it was a broken prereq. I fixed that - possibly creating
your problem in having -2.noarch :)

- /suse/i586/jpackage-utils-1.7.3-5.i586.rpm failed to install with a
scriplet error exited on status 127.

Yeah, that is still in alpha1. work in progress and unrelated to your
problems.

I skipped both and the rest of the installation went fine.

When I logged into the system, I verified that I did get a dhcp address.
I could ping other machines in my network. But when I pinged outside to
a dns name, it would resolve to ip address and not get any ping

I also could not browse, and I could not ssh into the box from another
machine in the network. It felt like I only had one-way network
communication. ?

If anyone can help me out, I'd really like to get this off the ground
and continue testing.
Try to get a pciutils-ids into your system. Without it, it's possible that
HAL will not report network devices.

Greetings, Stephan