Re: release notes (Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 3)
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:13:03 +0100
Am Mittwoch 16 Januar 2008 schrieben Sie:
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
- factory is - I would say - interesting at the moment,
many failing packages are causing a huge dependency
problem as we updated glibc, perl and networkmanager
- kde 4.0.0 got integrated
- glibc 2.7
- perl 5.10
- networkmanager 0.7
- pine is dropped, alpine replaces it now

Some of these items are probably worth mentioning in the release notes.
It is probably too early to start writing aobut KDE 4.

The perl update seems to cause some headaches. Would someone please to
post some details?
It's causing headaches because some packages do not build for other reasons
and then require the old perl version. It's not a different perl though.

Are there incompatibility issues with glibc and networkmanager?
I'm not yet aware of user visible changes due to them. networkmanager 0.7
will offer more features, but that should not be part of the release notes
imo.

Is the alpine relpacement seemingless?
I _think_ so, ask bk

Greetings, Stephan