Re: [opensuse-factory] a checkin timeout before an Alpha release?
  • From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:45:11 +0100
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 07:24:14AM -0500, Toni Harbaugh-Blackford wrote:
Would it be possible to have a 'new version' checkin timeout before
an alpha release of the Factory? It seams that there are too many new
checkins that break Factory lately. It would be nice if there were a
short
window before an alpha release where only bug fixes were checked in.

I realize that the point of Factory is to keep current with the latest
software, but a short period of stabilization before a release does not
sound unreasonable to me

Hmm, maybe it's too early for a new alpha? With some packages broken
since the update to gcc43 (like pdftk, compiling mplayer) it might
be a good idea to get at least the distro to compile completely again
before an alpha? (ok, mplayer isn't part of the distro, it's just
dear to me :-) So maybe sync out a gcc update that fixes these issues
and get everything to compile again before a new alpha?

ciao
Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>