Re: [opensuse-factory] a checkin timeout before an Alpha release?
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:13:36 +0000

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 13:50 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Dienstag 15 Januar 2008 schrieb Toni Harbaugh-Blackford:
Would it be possible to have a 'new version' checkin timeout before
an alpha release of the Factory? It seams that there are too many new
checkins that break Factory lately. It would be nice if there were a
short
window before an alpha release where only bug fixes were checked in.

I realize that the point of Factory is to keep current with the latest
software, but a short period of stabilization before a release does not
sound unreasonable to me

There is a short period. Friday is the deadline, the alpha is released
thursday the week after. More of a freeze is unacceptable during alpha
phase.

Except that we've had limited testing of factory because of the disk
outage. It would be nice to have that back for a day or two before we
burn the iso.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>