Re: [opensuse-factory] RC1 i386 Installation
  • From: nordi <nordi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:11:29 +0200
Stephan Kulow schrieb:
Am Sonntag 23 September 2007 schrieb Keith Goggin:
1. During installation 'add online repositories before installation' should
NOT in my opinion be the default. It causes more trouble than it's worth
and takes far too long to complete. Adding repositories after installation
is a much faster and cleaner process.
Sorry for you, it adds value for tons of other users.

I don't see the added value either. I tried adding the online repositories during installation, just to be told that 30MB will be installed from DVD and the other >2GB(!) will be downloaded. Exactly _why_ did I download the DVD then? This turns a 30 minute install from DVD into a download session that takes hours!

Not to speak about the timeouts that occured and caused the installation to be interrupted until I pressed the "try downloading again" button. Shouldn't the downloader be able to retrieve some files via internet without me pressing a button all the time?

Regards
nordi