[opensuse-factory] xvkbd and tablet pcs. Please make xvkbd optional in 10.3, kde integration
I've currently got a Toshiba tablet PC with built in keyboard and a wacom tablet built in. In opesuse 10.2, the xvkbd virtual keyboard is started automaticaly as you log into KDE I do see why this is but I really do not use it and it is only an annoyance to me and probably others with a convertibla tablet PC.

What I would really would have liked is a virtual keyboard that you could add to kicker or a panel. This would allow it to hide automatically like a normal panel can be configured, it would not constantly take up space on the taskbar and it would be more similar to how a PDA place a virtual keyboard.

I would really like to have the virtual keyboard (and text recognition) as a more integrated part of the desktop environment. The current situation of having an odd program here and there does not give you a feeling of consistency.

I was planning to undertake this task myself, but I am not a sufficient QT/c++/kde developer as of yet.

I hope someone would find this to be an interesting project because the linux tablet support is in need of some minor work here and there.

--
Mvh
Kristian Alvestad