Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot speed and services
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:51:53 +0100
Magnus Boman wrote:

I hope you have the latest anti-virus stuff and all the latest patches
installed on there.

I have (AVG) but it never complain (safe for some emule stuff I wont speak of more here :-)

It scans each start. I have also adaware stuff and this one warns frequently

The point is, sad but true, that if you install a windows box and don't
apply the latest patches straight away

I have no patch beyond service pack 2

I think there is somewhere a misconception of what a virus is. _no virus can come on if nothing infected is executed_.

may be you got a false alert...

or the cd you installed from was already infected

Win have many drwbacks, and mail attachments can execute without notice with outlook - I never use mail on my window box :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur