Re: [opensuse-factory] Boot speed and services
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:21:30 +0100
Magnus Boman wrote:

One of my colleges in the office installed a windows box less than a
week ago, to try to reproduce an issue that his customers had. He then
left it overnight (the machine is sitting behind a firewall and the only
access to the internet will be NATed) and when he came back the next
day, he had viruses all over the place.
All he did was to install the box. He didn't use it at all. But viruses
(worms, whatever) still manage to get in there...
So, as a security measure, always take the necessary precautions. If
we're not targeted today, we might be tomorrow!

may be somebody used it when it turned back...

I have a windows box very often on 24/24 and never get a virus (never get one I don't dl myself)

may be also what your friends see like a virus if the normal windows way of like (spyware are common on regular windows applications)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur