Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:39 +0100, Johannes Meixner wrote:

> Frommy point of viwe it seems from mail to mail
> you change the issue (it started with USB printers,
> became network printers, now it is about typing passwords)
> and it seems you still don't tell the whole story.

There are several benefits to changing the backend, I grant, but the
primary goal here is to not require root to do basic printer
manipulation last.

The use case is that a standard use should (optionally) be able to
manage his printers without requiring the administrator.

I don't think we should be at a dead end! :)

Robert